Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Disney Castle..


Madi and I were watching Finding Nemo and doing one of her puzzles together. It was over and playing through the credits but I just let it play through and it started over. When Madi saw the Disney castle at the beginning she said "Temple". It was such a proud mommy moment! I never even said anything to her about the castle and she made the connection on her own.

I know kids are smart and catch on to things quickly but she amazes me at just how smart she is and how quick she catches onto things. She is very good at talking and saying words and sentences and I am sure that part of that is being a first child and getting all of the attention and being around adults all the time. She is very smart and enjoys learning!

Just another cute story..
The other day Madi climbed up on her changing table and was pulling the bows off of their board when I walked into her room. I told her she needed to not climb up there anymore for fear of her falling and she looked at me and said "mommy mad?" I said no sweetie mommy isn't mad I just don't want you to fall. It was the first time I had heard her say mad before and put it in a phrase. It was very cute. I just don't want to forget things like this and how sensitive kids are to our emotions.

No comments: