Yesterday Madison was watching TV while I took a shower (I was sick with food poisoning so I took a late shower when I was feeling better.) and Calvin was up stairs. She came upstairs and we played together before bed. We put her to bed and went downstairs to watch some TV together. Calvin was hooking my laptop up to the TV when I noticed what looked like CRAYON on the TV. We examined it closer and confirmed that she had written on the TV. We turned off the TV to find it wasn’t CRAYON but Pen INK all over the Plasma TV screen.All I could say was “Oh my gosh.. I can’t believe this.” Calvin was very upset ( of course who wouldn’t be?). I grabbed my comp to hurry and find a way to take it off.. praying there was one!? It turns out baby wipes take pen ink off of plasma TV screens. Whew…
1st I am thankful it came off.
2nd I am thankful Madi was sleeping when we found it or her bum may have been red.
3rd I am thankful Calvin has a good temper and NEVER takes his anger/frustration out on people. He really does so well when he is upset.
So you can guess that today I had a nice talk with Madison about NEVER touching the TV and where we color and draw on things and where we do not! Calvin and I also have decided that it was partly our fault for leaving her downstairs alone where she could get into trouble so we are going to try to be better about checking inon her more often.
We've had that problem with Andrew, just it's been on the walls. It's wonderful trying to take pen ink, crayon, AND colored pencil off the walls! Just a tip - get Mr. Clean Magic Erasers because they clean so many things off the walls. We know from experience!
I think most children go through this kind of phase. I don't think it's fun cleaning it up anywhere they do it. Fortunately wipes did the trick. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to keep some on hand. :)
Calvin and I were married August 9, 2007. Calvin just graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelors degree in business with an emphasis in Supply Chain. I am majoring in University Studies and am finishing online through BYU-Idaho. Madison was born Aug 3, 2009 and is such a blessing and joy in our lives.
2 comments:
We've had that problem with Andrew, just it's been on the walls. It's wonderful trying to take pen ink, crayon, AND colored pencil off the walls! Just a tip - get Mr. Clean Magic Erasers because they clean so many things off the walls. We know from experience!
I think most children go through this kind of phase. I don't think it's fun cleaning it up anywhere they do it. Fortunately wipes did the trick. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to keep some on hand. :)
Post a Comment