Friday, February 18, 2011

Nursery

Madison can now go to nursery. Last week was her first week. Toni and I took her in and she immediately went and sat at the table and started playing with a puzzle. Things were great but then she saw us right as I walked through the door to leave and she lost it. The asked Toni to come back in instead of me in hopes that she would be able to leave. A mom walked out right after and said "You just need to leave she'll be fine." This made me feel slightly upset and more stressed than before. I had to teach primary so I went to the bathroom to try to collect myself before I started crying. Then I went into opening exercises and my partner started talking to me when I started crying. Really? I hadn't expected this in fact we were all excited for her to go but because it was a new thing and my baby really wanted me I got emotional. I heard her bawling in the hall 5 minutes later so I hurried out and held her. I took her to the car to take her home to Calvin because he was home sick. SHe didn't even want me to put her in her car seat because she was scared I would leave her :( I assured her that everything was okay and that we were going home to see daddy. We got there and I got her ready for bed because it was her nap time and Calvin was sleeping and laid her next to him. they both took a peaceful nap until we got home. I hurried back and gave my lesson feeling much better. From now on Calvin will be able to take Madi to nursery and hopefully it will go better. He will do much batter than I did. I haven't had to leave Madison much so it was really hard for me. I knew all she wanted was me so it was hard to just walk away even though nursery is a good thing. We'll see how the next few times go... I now have a better understanding of why many parents sit in nursery with their kids.

3 comments:

Melody said...

Oh, poor thing! I hope the next few weeks go a little bit better!

Collette said...

it was a couple months before eden could be left on her own. she would freak when we left her. chase pretty much lived in nursery cuz i had primary too! but she finally got over it and LOVES it now! she drags us over to the room as soon as sacrament is over! she gets a little nervous when the parents start coming and we aren't there right away, but i think she understands now that we ARE coming back. good luck with maddi!

Chelsea said...

That's so hard. Forever you can't wait until nursery then it happens and it's great if they go well, but hard if not. Just keep trying, she'll do better!